By now you probably know what we’re about but just in case you don’t, we’re all about ending American food insecurity through direct transfer food rescue. We just entered the 2013-2014 food rescue season where we have our sights set on rescuing 3,000,000 meals for hungry Americans. (You can see more about that here)
We have a small but potent team but as you can see our vision for addressing this problem without a good reason for being is anything but small. Our core team is made up of passionate, energetic people who are consumed with delivering as much good food to those in need as possible. Our team values simplicity, community, gratitude, creativity and “saying yes.”
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of the food rescue revolution at a very integral level, Community Plates is for you. Join us and be ready to share what you’ve learned, what you do best and who you are and then get ready to make a huge difference for your neighbors and people all over the country.
We are seeking a leader passionate about positive change to direct Fairfield County, our flagship site. The requirements are simple; ability to build and motivate a team, strong computer skills and strong organizational skills for managing all the moving parts of direct transfer food rescue in Fairfield County. This position is about commitment to rapid growth focused on 100,000 plus individuals in this county who can’t provide for themselves the food they or their families need to live healthily.
The function of the National team is to administratively support our site directors in their food rescue mission, so when considering if you’re right for this opportunity think less about filling out stacks of paperwork and more about passionately motivating a movement.
· Ground floor access and voice to a game changing, innovative food justice platform.
· Ability to work directly with Community Plate’s core team including our National Site Director and Executive Director.
· Opportunity to see direct impact on underserved peoples.
· Monthly cash stipend.
• Build and manage Fairfield County’s direct transfer food rescue team.
• Set and meet growth goals related to annual “meals rescued” goals.
• Identify potential donors (both in-kind and financial) for followup.
• Public speaking a plus but not required.
• Work with National Site Director to develop GoRescue food rescue application.
• Interest in non-profit organizations, passion for the cause and a desire to learn about and support Community Plate’s mission.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Twitter, Facebook
• Ability to manage time, balance multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
• Familiarity and previous Community Plates experience a plus
Compensation & Time
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible
· Compensation: Monthly cash stipend
· Time: 10-15 hours per week, schedule can be determined based on availability all hours can be completed remotely.
· Location: Wherever you can be doing the most good
· Application Deadline: November 7, 2013; Will review applications on a rolling basis
How to Apply: To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Fairfield County Site Director” in the subject line.