Food Rescue US is seeking a part time office administrator to work in our Norwalk office (our only office). This position provides support for the Executive Director, the organizations national sites and reports directly to the Executive Director.
• Part-time salary
• Ground floor access and voice to help build a game-changing, innovative food justice platform
• Ability to work directly with Food Rescue US’s core team including our National Site Director & Executive Director
• Opportunity to see direct impact on underserved, food insecure people
• Compose/edit correspondence.
• Schedule appointments and manage company’s schedule
• Answer the telephone with a pleasant and professional demeanor
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail and email
• Filing, faxing, copying, etc.
• Light bookkeeping
• Data entry into and maintenance of proprietary food rescue application
• CRM entry and maintenance
• Responsible for processing donations and gift entry
• Manages a timely donor acknowledgment process, with close attention to detail
• Provides planning support for special events, including communicating with vendors, caterers, event set-up/prep, purchasing supplies
• Interest in non-profit organizations, passion for the cause and desire to learning about and
supporting Food Rescue US’s mission.
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Proficiency in Quickbooks
• Knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Twitter, Facebook
• Knowledge of HTML, WordPress, Adobe Suites and database management systems a plus
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
• Detail oriented and solid personal organizational skills
• Ability to manage time, balance multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
• Using web-based CRM for gift entry/processing
• Proficient with mail merge
• Ability (or willingness to learn) to generate various lists using CRM for staff support
Compensation & Time
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Compensation: $20 per hour
Time: 15-20 hours per week, schedule can be determined based on availability, some hours can be completed remotely, some set office hours.
Location: Office location in Norwalk, CT
· Application Deadline: March 3, 2017; Will review applications on a rolling basis
How to Apply: To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office Administrator” in the subject line.