By now you probably know what we’re about but just in case you don’t, we’re all about ending American food insecurity through direct transfer food rescue. We just entered the 2013-2014 food rescue season where we have our sights set on rescuing 3,000,000 meals for hungry Americans. (You can see more about that here)
We have a small but potent team but as you can see our vision for addressing this problem without a good reason for being is anything but small. Our core team is made up of passionate, energetic people who are consumed with delivering as much good food to those in need as possible. Our team values simplicity, community, gratitude, creativity and “saying yes.”
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of the food rescue revolution at a very integral level, Community Plates is for you. Join us and be ready to share what you’ve learned, what you do best and who you are and then get ready to make a huge difference for your neighbors and people all over the country.
Community Plates is seeking a part time office administrator to work in our Norwalk office (our only office). This position provides support for the Executive Director and four national sites and reports directly to the Executive Director.
· Ground floor access and voice to a game changing, innovative food justice platform.
· Ability to work directly with Community Plate’s core team including our National Site Director and Executive Director.
· Opportunity to see direct impact on underserved peoples.
• Compose/edit correspondence.
• Schedule appointments and manage company’s schedule
• Answer the telephone with a pleasant and professional demeanor
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail and email
• Filing, faxing, copying, etc.
• Light bookkeeping.
• Data entry into and maintenance of award winning GoRescue food rescue application.
• CRM entry and maintenance.
• Interest in non-profit organizations, passion for the cause and desire to learning about and supporting Community Plate’s mission.
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Twitter, Facebook
Knowledge of HTML, WordPress, Adobe Suites and database management systems a plus
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
• Detail oriented and solid personal organizational skills
• Ability to manage time, balance multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
Compensation & Time
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible
· Compensation: Currently a volunteer position.
· Time: 10-15 hours per week, schedule can be determined based on availability, some hours can be completed remotely, some set office hours.
· Location: Office location in Norwalk TBD
· Application Deadline: November 7, 2013; Will review applications on a rolling basis
How to Apply: To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Part Time Office Administrator” in the subject line.