(for immediate release)
Marketing and Development Fellowship
(Fairfield County, CT/NYC area)
About Community Plates:
Community Plates is committed to ending American food insecurity through direct transfer food rescue and has already rescued food equivalent to 1.2 million meals for the benefit of hungry Americans. We are changing the face of food rescue with our ground-breaking technology, “GoRescue,” that makes it possible for us to deliver greater quantities and quality of fresh food than ever before. Simply put, we pick up excess food from restaurants and grocers and deliver it directly to those who need it. We are solving a hunger problem in the United States that doesn’t need to exist.
Community Plates is seeking a student or recent graduate who is passionate about positive change and wants to play an active role in ending American food-insecurity. This essential member of the Community Plates team will help us tell the story of American food-insecurity and the promise of direct transfer food rescue. Our Fellow will be instrumental in the development of a comprehensive marketing and story-telling strategy. The Fellow will be responsible for our current web and app content and the development and maintenance of our ongoing social media activity and campaigns.
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft a holistic, national marketing plan and site-specific plans (similar to a franchise model.)
- Develop web presence and associated social media presence.
- Research key initiatives for potential partners and connections.
- Aid in development of turnkey best practices manual
- Participate actively in weekly staff meetings
- Recent graduate, or currently pursuing graduate degree or in final year of undergraduate study (will consider other class levels)
- Passion for social justice; interest in hunger-relief preferred
- Strong quantitative analysis and interpretation skills
- Marketing experience and related education
- Ability to merge for-profit business acumen with non-profit ideas
- Team-oriented and positive
- Self-starter and self-motivated
Compensation and Time:
- Employment of one year with target start date of June 1, 2013
- 20 hours per week (some hours can be completed remotely)
- Hourly pay rate
To apply, send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org